Monday 12 May 2014

Paris on a rainy day

We left a our hotel at 06:30 and it was a balmy mid 20's Dubai morning.
The whole 7 hour trip was uneventful, as all plane flights should be.

We landed in CDG at a little after 13:00 and were out onto the RER B railway line, on our way to Paris central, in less than 20 minutes.
As we approached Gare du Nord it started to pour down but thankfully by the time we negotiated the three sets of escalators and made it out onto the street it had stopped. It's ~16 degrees but it's not uncomfortably cold.
As we decided to walk to the apartment we headed off in the direction I knew was correct, based on my Google research, but for some reason it all looked different now.
I must have looked like a semi lost tourist, which I was, because a local stopped and asked me if needed help.
This type of unsolicited help happened to Tiz and I the last time we were here, and it surprised us no less this time. Yes, we expressed our gratitude and quickly strolled to our little apartment.
We met our host, Vincent, who was very friendly and let us know that he is a violinist.
As he is performing a violin recital of Vivaldi's Four Seasons at Saint Chapelle tonight he has asked us to come along, for free.
I figured that even though I'd rather be listening to Armin van Buuren I know that Tiz will love it.

If any of you have bothered to read my recent posts you will notice a distinct lack of photos thus far.
Yes, I could post cheesy badly taken pics with one of us in them but they would be of stuff that has been photographed by countless others in a far better way than we ever could.
So, the pics we want to share will come when we have something different to show, like bikes and sand and camels and probably all at once.

We're off to get a coffee and an afternoon snack so we'll sign off for now.

 

2 comments:

  1. Now I "know" you are just sitting at home making this up!

    FRIENDLY PARISIENNES?!

    They don't exist! *

    * I have never been to Europe, let alone Paris, but I will regurgitate what I have heard

    S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the commentary. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete